Chicken Tortilla Soup
Total Time 6 Hours 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 227g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 275g jar Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 400ml chicken stock
- 175g frozen, fresh or tinned sweet corn
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mild chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Old El Paso™ Street Market White Corn Tortillas, cut into 3cm strips
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Place the chicken fillets into a slow cooker pot with all the remaining ingredients except the coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook on a low heat setting for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the chicken fillets with a slotted spoon and roughly shred. Return to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
- Top the soup with sliced spring onions or crushed tortilla chips.
- Cooking the corn tortilla strips in the soup the whole time thickens the soup naturally and gives the soup some added texture.