One-Pot Enchilada Rigatoni
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 jar (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 tin (170g) evaporated milk
- 450g rigatoni pasta
- 1 tin (198g) sweetcorn with peppers
- 1 litre hot water
- 75g spicy Mexican cheese or Cheddar cheese, grated
- Spring onions, finely chopped
- Roughly crushed Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
- Fresh chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a large deep flameproof casserole over a medium heat. Add the beef mince and fry for 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently until browned all over.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce, evaporated milk, pasta, corn and the hot water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender and the liquid has reduced and thickened. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese until just melted. Divide between 6 warmed serving bowls and top with chopped spring onions, crushed Nachips™ and chopped coriander.
- Add some chopped Old El Paso™ sliced red jalapeños for extra spice.
- Make sure the pasta is just covered by the liquid to ensure that it cooks – add a little extra water after about 15 minutes, if needed.