Roasted Vegetable Tacos
Total Time 40 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chillies
- 115g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 Old El Paso™ Crunchy Taco Shells
- Old El Paso™ Thick ‘N’ Chunky Salsa
- Soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Place all the vegetables in a large shallow roasting tray. Drizzle over the oil and toss to coat then sprinkle over the salt and crushed chillies.
- Roast, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, turning once until tender and lightly charred in places. Meanwhile warm the taco shells as directed on the packaging.
- Divide the grated cheese between the tacos and top with the roasted vegetables. Serve with the salsa and soured cream.
- Try other vegetables such as aubergine slices and small chunks of sweet potato or butternut squash for a change.
- Spread a layer of creamy guacamole on the warmed tacos before adding the roasted vegetables, if liked.