Slow-Cooker Turkey, Bacon and Avocado Wraps
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 cm to 2 cm pieces
- 1 kg turkey breast mini fillets, thickly sliced
- 175 g barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 1 medium ripe avocado, stone removed, peeled and mashed
- 2 little gem lettuces, sliced
- 125 g drained roasted red or yellow peppers, chopped
- 8 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas, warmed through
- In a large non-stick frying pan, cook the bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost crisp. Add the turkey and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is brown on all sides.
- Mist a slow cooker with cooking spray and add the turkey mixture. Top with the barbecue sauce and taco seasoning mix then stir to combine. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the cooker and place onto a chopping board. Use 2 forks to shred the turkey then return the turkey to the cooker and mix together with the bacon and sauce.
- Spoon the avocado, lettuce, turkey mixture and peppers onto the tortillas and roll up to serve.
- To warm tortillas, wrap them in foil and heat in the oven at 170 ºC (150 ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 3 for 7 minutes. Or wrap them in greaseproof paper, place into the microwave and cook on High for 45 to 60 seconds.