South of the Border Pork Rolls
Spice Level Mild
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 100ml water
- 1.5kg boneless pork shoulder joint , trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 pack Old El Paso™ Seasoning Mix for Chilli
- 1 jar (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 12 white rolls, split
- Soured cream
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Place the onions and water in the base of a slow cooker pot. Place the pork joint on top and sprinkle over the chilli seasoning mix.
- Place the lid on the pot and cook on Low setting for 6-7 hours until the pork is very tender. Remove the joint from the pot, place on a chopping board, cover and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Use a ladle to remove most of the cooking liquid from the slow cooker pot and discard.
- Use 2 forks to shred the pork and return the shredded meat to the cooking pot along with the enchilada sauce. Increase the setting to High. Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes until piping hot.
- Serve the pork mixture piled into the split rolls, and top with soured cream and coriander.
- Instead of crusty rolls why not try serving the shredded pork in warmed tortillas with shredded lettuce and soured cream.
- You can make the pulled pork a day in advance then reheat in the microwave (in batches) to serve.