Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Lasagne
Total Time 1 Hours 25 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- Oil, for greasing
- 275g Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 300g cooked chicken, shredded
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tin (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g soured cream and chive dip
- 8 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Corn Tortillas, cut in half
- 160g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (170ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 5. Grease a large 2 litre glass baking dish (about 34 x 24cm) with oil. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the dish.
- Mix the tomatoes, chicken, onions and beans in a medium bowl, until combined. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce and soured cream dip in another medium bowl, until combined.
- Arrange half of the tortillas pieces in the bottom of the dish, overlapping as necessary. Spoon half the chicken mixture over the tortillas and scatter over about 1/3 of the cheese. Spoon half of the sauce mixture over the cheese. Repeat the layers once, finishing with the last 1/3 of the cheese.
- Cover the dish with greased foil then bake for 40-45 minutes or until hot. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for about 5 minutes longer or until the cheese has melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with the coriander.
- 200g soured cream mixed with 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix can be used in place of the soured cream and chive dip.