Chicken and Veggie Grain Bowl Boats
Total Time 40 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 200g couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus extra lime wedges, to serve
- 1 sachet Old El Paso™ Seasoning Mix for Fajitas (any flavour)
- 1 x 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 75g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Stand 'N' Stuff Soft Tortilla Boats (8 tortillas)
- 225g cooked chicken, skin removed and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and flesh diced
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Place the couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour over 275ml boiling water. Stir once then cover the bowl and leave for 5-10 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Fluff up the grains with a fork then stir in the oil, lime juice and seasoning mix. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir in the kidney beans and cabbage.
- Heat the tortillas to pack instructions. Divide the couscous mixture between the tortillas. Top with the chicken and avocado.
- Scatter over the feta cheese and spring onions. Season with freshly ground black pepper, drizzle over the extra olive oil and serve garnished with coriander leaves and with lime wedges.
- Instead of couscous you could use 2 x 250g pouches microwave brown rice or quinoa. Cook following the pack instructions.
- Any crisp salad veggies can be used for this recipe – use whatever you have in the fridge such as peppers, carrots or cucumber instead of the red cabbage, if liked.
- Substitute Old El Paso™ Black Beans for the red kidney beans if you prefer.