Easy Beef Taco Salads
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 125ml soured cream
- 100g Old El Paso™ Thick 'N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 450g beef mince
- 150ml water
- 225g mixed shredded salad leaves (such as romaine and iceberg)
- 1 tin (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g Double Gloucester cheese, grated
- 2 large tomatoes, halved, deseeded and chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Mix the soured cream, salsa and 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning mix in a small bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator whist making the salad.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the mince and fry for 5-6 minutes, stirring all the time until browned all over. Stir in the rest of the taco seasoning mix and water and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Divide the lettuce between 6 serving plates. Top each with some of the beef mixture, black beans, grated cheese and diced tomato. Serve with the soured cream dressing and with tortilla chips on the side.
- If you love dressing on every bite, toss all the salad ingredients together in a big bowl--then toss with the dressing.
- Replace the beef mince with vegetarian mince for a meat-free version.