Mexi Topped Potatoes
Total Time 15 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 250g frozen meat-free vegetarian mince
- 175g Old El Paso™ Thick 'N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Soured Cream
- Fresh chopped chives, to garnish
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork. Place on microwave-safe paper towel in the microwave. Microwave on High for 5-7 minutes or until tender, turning and rearranging potatoes once halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix the frozen vegetarian mince, salsa, chili powder and 60ml of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and mash the flesh with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the vegetarian mince mixture over potatoes and top each with a dollop of soured cream and garnish with chopped chives.
- These are great served with extra toppings such as grated cheese, coriander, chopped spring onions, diced tomatoes or chopped red pepper.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe to serve more people, but only cook 2 potatoes at a time in the microwave.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.