Mexican Chicken Caesar Salad
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 280g cooked chicken, skin removed and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges, to serve (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ Seasoning Mix for Fajitas (any variety)
- 2 romaine heart lettuces, roughly chopped (approx. 400g)
- 6 tablespoons ready-made Caesar salad dressing
- 1 x 198g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 25g Parmesan cheese shavings
- 20g Old El Paso™ Original Tortilla Nachips™, roughly broken
- Toss the cooked chicken, lime juice and fajita seasoning together in a medium bowl.
- Place the lettuce in a large shallow serving dish. Pour over the dressing and toss to lightly coat the lettuce (see Tips).
- Scatter over the sweetcorn then top with the chicken, Parmesan cheese shavings and tortilla chips. Serve with lime wedges, if liked.
- Add a handful of toasted pine nuts or toasted pumpkin seeds to the salad for extra crunch, if you like.
- Some ready-made Caesar salad dressings are thicker than others. Only add enough to just coat the lettuce- too much and the salad will go soggy very quickly.
- Sweetcorn gives a sunny bite to this salad, for even more texture and flavour add 1/2 x 400g tin Old El Paso™ Black Beans (drained and rinsed). Scatter over with the sweetcorn in step 3.