Pepperoni Pizza Tortilla Pockets
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 90g Italian pepperoni slices (about 42 thin slices)
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced (about 200g)
- 1 large green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced (about 200g)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 300g tomato and herb pizza topping sauce
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Tortilla Pockets™
- 400g ready-grated mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pepperoni slices in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning once, until the fat starts to run from the slices and they turn crispy and golden. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside. Pour off half of the fat from the pan, leaving the remainder in the pan to cook the vegetables.
- Add the sliced peppers and onion to the frying pan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Stir through half the pizza sauce.
- Gently open the tortilla pockets to fill. Layer the pepper mixture, pepperoni slices, remaining sauce and cheese as desired.
- Place 4 pockets on a microwave-proof plate. Microwave on High for 2 minutes 30 seconds or until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot. (See tips for additional cooking ideas.) Repeat with the remaining 4 pockets and serve. Take care; the pockets will be piping hot out of the microwave.
- You can cook the pockets in the microwave either upright in a microwave-proof cup or bowl or lay them flat on a microwave-proof plate. The cooking times will be the same. If you cook them on a plate some of the filling may spill out during cooking, simply push it back into the pocket with a small spatula before lifting up the pocket.
- If you prefer, you can replace one sliced pepper with 150g sliced mushrooms or one large thinly sliced courgette. Add a handful of small pitted black olives or a sprinkling of dried Italian herbs, for extra flavour.
- To cook one pocket, place upright in a microwave-proof cup or bowl or lay on a microwave-proof plate. Microwave on High for 40-60 seconds. To cook two pockets at a time, microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds to 1 minutes 30 seconds or until cheese has melted and the filling is hot.