Pork, Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chilli
Total Time 1 Hours 5 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g pork mince
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Seasoning Mix for Chilli
- 400g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 carton (390g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 400ml water
- 1 tin (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Greek-style yogurt
- Shredded spring onions
- Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan or flameproof casserole over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the pork mince to the pan and fry over a high heat, stirring all the time, until no longer pink. Stir in the chilli seasoning mix and sweet potato and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree and water. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 35 minutes until the sweet potatoes are just tender. Stir in the black beans and cook, uncovered, for a further 10-12 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve in warmed bowls topped with Greek-style yogurt, shredded spring onions and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper, with Nachips™ on the side.
- Replace the sweet potato with chunks of peeled butternut squash, if preferred.
- This chilli freezes well. Leave to cool completely then pack into freezer-proof containers and freeze for up to 2 months.