Rustic Leftover Turkey Pie
Total Time 55 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 200g leftover cooked turkey, diced
- 1 x 320g pack Jus-Rol™ Chilled Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry Sheet
- 1/2 x 226g jar Old El Paso™ Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 70g ready-grated mozzarella
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion and peppers and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the seasoning mix and turkey.
- Unroll the pastry on to a large baking sheet (with the paper still underneath). Spread the salsa over the pastry, leaving a 3-4cm border all around. Pile the pepper and turkey mixture on top of the salsa then scatter over the cheese.
- Gently lift and fold in the pastry border to just cover the outer edges of the filling, pinching the corners of the pastry together. Brush the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving with salad, if liked.
- Try grated Cheddar or crumbled goats’ cheese instead of the mozzarella, if liked.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge about 45 minutes before unrolling to make it easier to work with.