EXTRA THIN BEEF FAJITAS WITH AVOCADO GREEN GODDESS SAUCE
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
For the sauce
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed and flesh chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon (4g) chopped fresh chives
- 75g low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons or 30ml)
For the fajitas
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1/2 sachet Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Extra Thin Flour Tortillas
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- Place the avocado in a food processor with the basil, chives, yogurt, garlic and lime juice. Whizz until smooth, then add in 3 tablespoons water and pulse until combined and sauce-like in consistency. Season to taste.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef mince and cook for 5 minutes, until browned and starting to crisp, stirring to break up any clumps (see Tips). Add the seasoning mix and cook for 1 minute before stirring in 100ml water. Continue to cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring.
- Heat the tortillas to pack instructions.
- Spoon a large tablespoon of the sauce onto each tortilla, top with a few salad leaves and the beef mince, then spoon over more sauce and fold up to serve.
- If you don’t have a food processor, don’t worry. Simply mash the avocado up with a fork, finely chop the herbs and mix together with the yogurt, lime juice and garlic. It might not be as smooth but it will be equally delicious.
- If the beef mince is very lean you may need to add a splash of vegetable or olive oil to the frying pan.