EXTRA THIN BLACK BEAN, CHICKEN AND FETA QUESADILLAS WITH SALSA
Total Time 40 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
For the quesadillas
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped (150g)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced (300g)
- 1 x 425g can Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained (232g)
- 1 x 200g can sweetcorn, drained (160g)
- 1 sachet Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Seasoning Mix (35g)
- 40g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Extra Thin Flour Tortillas
For the salsa
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (170g)
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat 10 sprays of oil in a large pan. Add the onion and chicken and fry until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the beans, sweetcorn and seasoning mix, and heat through.
- Meanwhile, mix the salsa ingredients together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle some feta over one half of a tortilla, then add some of the chicken and bean mixture.
- Fold the tortilla to encase the filling and place in a lightly oiled, non-stick frying pan and cook until browned, carefully turning over halfway through cooking. Repeat to make 6 quesadillas.
- Serve with the salsa.
- Add some crunch and colour with vibrant salad leaves on the side.
- If you can get it, try using reduced-fat feta, which is lower in calories and saturated fat.
- If there is any leftover chicken and bean mixture, chill it and use for brunch or lunch the next day – it’s delicious in a wrap or with a baked potato.