EXTRA THIN VEGETARIAN MUSHROOM AND LENTIL WRAPS
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped (150g)
- 1 x 250g pack mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed (240g)
- 1 sachet Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- Small handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Extra Thin Flour Tortillas
- 100g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 90g mixed salad leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the lentils and seasoning mix. Heat through, then add the parsley.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas to pack instructions.
- Fill the tortillas with the mushroom and lentil mixture, yogurt and salad leaves. Roll up and eat.
- Try adding about 30g feta when assembling the wrap.
- If there is leftover filling, chill and use for brunch or lunch the next day, either in a wrap or with a baked potato. Waste not want not!
- Iceberg lettuce or shredded cabbage can be used in place of the salad leaves as they have a longer shelf life – they usually cost less too!
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.